BAM EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
A very real need
In June 2016 a wildfire was sweeping over nearby Pine Valley Mountain when a convergent thought happened among BAM administrators — we need to help people and their pets who are being evacuated during natural disasters. From that "Saddle Fire" incident, we began assembling an Emergency Response Team for fires and other natural disasters.
If you would like to be an on-call volunteer for natural disasters please let us know by completing the below form. The need could be at any time but is most expected seasonally during the summer months. While we hope this service is one that forever goes unnecessary, fortune favors the prepared.
Volunteer needs may include, but are not limited to:
• small animal transport
• livestock transport, including the need for horse trailers
• foster homes with pasture or corral space for temporary shelter of livestock
• short-term respite foster care for cats
• short-term respite foster care for dogs
• short-term respite foster care for reptiles
• short-term respite foster care for birds
• short-term respite foster care for pocket pets (rabbits, ferrets, sugar gliders, etc.)
• volunteer at The BAM Center or with short-term foster families, helping with feeding, walking, etc.
• liaison with Red Cross
• organizing and delivering supportive care supplies to BAM facilities and short-term foster caregivers
Donations of supplies or money to be used for the Emergency Response Team needs are welcome at any time. Physical donation needs are expected to include crate/kennels, bedding, pet food, dishes, dog runs, etc.